5 Innovative & Modern HDB Design Ideas
As Singapore moves forward, it is important to keep up with the latest trends and design ideas. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of 5 innovative and modern HDB design ideas that will help update your housing landscape. Whether you’re looking to modernize an older block or create a new estate, these concepts will inspire you to think outside the box. So, what are you waiting for? Get started!
A contemporary twist on the traditional flat roof or green roof
- A contemporary twist on the traditional flat roof design idea for your HDB home can make your home stand out from the rest. Adding a few extra features can give your home a unique look that will be sure to turn heads.
- One way to add a contemporary twist to the traditional flat roof design is by adding solar panels. Solar panels are a great way to reduce your carbon footprint & save money on energy bills. You can also use solar panels to power outdoor lights or heat pool water.
- Another way to add a contemporary twist is by installing a green roof. A green roof is the best way to insulate your home and keep it cool in the summer. You can also grow plants and flowers on your green roof, adding curb appeal to your home.
A duplex that merges indoor and outdoor spaces
A duplex is an excellent option if you’re looking for a design idea that will merge your indoor and outdoor spaces for your HDB home. By nature, duplexes offer a more open floor plan than most other types of homes, making them ideal for entertaining or simply enjoying the outdoors.
A few things should be considered when designing a duplex that merges indoor and outdoor spaces :
- Consider the climate in Singapore and how you can use landscaping to create a comfortable indoor and outdoor environment.
- Think about how you’ll use furniture and decor to transition between the two areas seamlessly.
- Don’t forget the little details that can make all the difference, like lighting and window treatments.
With some planning and creativity, you can design a duplex that perfectly suits your needs and lifestyle.
A modular home that you can expand as your family grows
- As your family grows, the last ever thing you want to worry about is whether your home will be able to accommodate everyone. With a modular home that can be expanded as your family grows, you can rest assured that your home will always have enough space for everyone.
- This type of house can be easily expanded when needed. The modular units can be added as your family grows, giving you the extra space you need without moving to a new home. This is the perfect solution for growing families who want to stay in their HDB flats. A great idea to consider for those who have lived in the same place for a long time!
- With a modular home, you can get those two things – a spacious and comfortable home that you can quickly expand as your family grows.
Clever storage solutions in the kitchen and bathroom
- Most people in Singapore face the same problem regarding our homes – a lack of storage space. It’s a common issue in many HDB homes, especially in the kitchen and bathroom. But with a bit of creativity, you can overcome this problem with clever storage solutions.
- One way to create more storage space in the kitchen is to install shelves above the countertop. This will give you extra space to store items you use daily, such as spices and cooking utensils. You can also make use of empty wall space by hanging pots and pans from hooks or installing a magnetic knife strip.
- Take advantage of vertical space in the bathroom by installing shelves or cabinets above the toilet or sink. This is a great place to store extra towels, toiletries, or cleaning supplies.
Transform an underused corner into a fun play zone for the family
If you have an unused corner in your HDB home, don’t despair – with a little creativity, you can easily turn it into a fun play zone for the whole family!
Here are some design ideas to get you started:
- Consider setting up a cozy reading nook for younger children with cushions and soft lighting. Add some toys and books to make it extra inviting.
- Older kids will love having space to play games or practice their musical instruments. A small desk or table is all you need to create a mini study or homework station.
- Adults can use the space for yoga or meditation or simply as a place to relax and unwind. Introduce some greenery to help purify the air and create a calming atmosphere.
With all these brilliant ideas we are sure that the waiting time for your dream home will be a happy and exciting one. You can also add some of these designs to your wish list if you want to renovate or upgrade the outdated look of your house.
You can use these designs in both new and existing houses, as they come with simple yet intriguing features that make them stylish and significantly increase your property’s value.
Leave your comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.