7 Reasons to try out Hotel-themed Design Ideas into your condo
Who doesn’t love staying in a luxurious hotel suite while on vacation?
The plush bedding, spa-like bathroom, stylish decor, and attention to detail make hotel suites seem like oases of relaxation and rejuvenation.
Bringing some of that indulgent hotel style into your condo can transform your home into a daily escape that feels like a mini-vacation.
Here are 7 compelling reasons to incorporate hotel-inspired design ideas into your condo.
Luxury and Comfort
Who doesn’t love the feeling of sinking into a cloud-like bed with soft linens or wrapping up in a plush robe after a shower? Bring five-star luxury and comfort into your own home with these hotel-inspired touches.
A hotel-themed design focuses on creature comforts and an overall sense of luxury.
Some easy ways to emulate this five-star ambiance include:
- Invest in high-thread-count sheets and supportive yet soft mattresses for the bedroom. Add piles of comfy pillows in different sizes.
- Stock the bathroom with ultra-plush towels, robes, and slippers so it feels like a spa. Include scented soaps, candles and aromatherapy.
- Choose sumptuous fabrics and cushioning for living room furniture. Place adjustable lighting nearby for reading.
Optimizes the Space
Expert hotel designers have mastered optimizing small spaces through clever layouts and multipurpose furnishings. Borrow their techniques to make the most of every square foot in your condo.
Expert hotel designers are masters at optimizing small spaces.
Use some of their tricks:
- Incorporate built-in storage like cabinetry and benches to reduce clutter.
- Use space-saving furniture like ottomans with storage inside.
- Place mirrors across from windows to reflect light and views, making rooms feel larger.
- Organize furnishings into intimate “zones” for sitting, dining, etc.
Neutral Color Palette
The neutral beige and cream color palettes used in hotels make spaces feel larger and more airy. You can achieve a similar effect in your condo.
Sticking with a neutral color palette is a signature of hotel design.
- Neutrals like off-white, gray, and tan make spaces airy and expansive.
- They allow you to easily swap accent pieces and art over time for an updated look.
- Neutrals provide a soothing, peaceful backdrop for rest and relaxation.
Make a design statement and infuse hotel elegance with one or two dramatic high-end pieces, like an impressive headboard or gleaming pendant light.
Invest in a few high-quality, dramatic statement pieces like:
- An impressive headboard
- Beautiful pendant lighting
- Plush area rugs
Over time, even the best decor can start to feel stale. Breathe new life into your space by introducing some fresh hotel-inspired elements.
Introducing some new hotel-inspired elements can revitalize your interior, such as:
- Hanging vibrant artwork or large mirrors to add visual impact.
- Displaying fresh flowers and plants to brighten up rooms.
- Reorganizing furniture into new conversational groups or patterns.
The classic style of hotels never seems to go out of fashion. Achieve this enduring look in your own condo with elegant furnishings and cohesive design.
The classic, enduring style of hotels never seems dated.
Achieve this effect through:
- Relying on architectural details like crown molding and wainscoting.
- Choosing elegant furnishings with simple lines over trendy pieces.
- Creating a unified look using color, texture and materials throughout.
Sleek and Minimal
Hotel rooms provide a clean backdrop free of clutter. Adopt this minimalist aesthetic for a polished, serene look.
To accomplish this yourself:
- Store items like books and knickknacks behind closed cabinet doors.
- Limit decor items to create a polished, serene look.
- Keep surfaces like nightstands clear of visual clutter.
Next time you visit a hotel, take notes on little details you can replicate back home. Incorporating just a few hotel-inspired touches can make your condo feel like a relaxing retreat. With strategies like optimizing space, selecting luxe linens or displaying minimalist decor, you can bring a taste of that lavish hotel life home. Turn your condo into an everyday escape and enjoy the peaceful vibes. What hotel-inspired touch will you try first?